This is the easiest salad you will ever make! It is fresh, light and amazing for the summer! Recently I have been having a lot of problems with coming up with new things to eat, and I will tell you why, I keep looking for healthy recipes and I always have the same problem, they are either incredibly boringly bland, or they are so complicated and with so many ingredients that just the thought of cooking something that takes me that long to prep and then cook and then takes me the total of 10 minutes to eat.... is NOT WORTH IT! No matter how good it can be! it is just too fast of a moment in my life that i will most likely not remember in 6 moths!
So I am always trying to come up with new things, this is one of them! Today for lunch, after i finished giving a reiki treatment, it was lunch time, I was starving, and was NOT in the mood to cook! Went into the kitchen, took out my ziplock bag of cleaned and dried kale and placed it in a bowl. It was all imagination from there.
Now as we all know, Kale has now become one of the top superfoods out there, but why? Well first of all it is very high in fiber, which as we all know is great for our bowel regularity, it is an anti-inflammatory, it is high in iron, calcium, and if that is not enough for you it even contains omega-3 and 0mega-6 fatty acids! Who would have every thought! This veggie is a win win win!
Now add the rest of the ingredients to that, and you have a super power salad, whether you eat it all alone at lunch like I did today, or you share it with your family and friends, this salad is one you need to make loads of, because you cannot get enough.
- 2 medium bunches curly kale, stem removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (you can add more if you want too make it more fruity)
- 1/2 thinly sliced avocado
- 1tbsp nutritional yeas (it's hard to find in shanghai, it is great for vitaminB and has a light nutty cheese flavor, but if you can't find it, don't bother, it does not change the recipe enough to make a difference!)
- Remove the stems from the kale and discard (the stems)
- Wash the kale and spin dry. Place dried kale into a large bowl
- For the dressing, add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a bowl and mix together, add it to the kale and massage it well so that all the leaves are coated with it
- Add the nutritional yeast and mix a little more
- When you are ready to serve, add the strawberries and the avocado so you keep the fruit fresh and shiney.
ps. if its not strawberry season, have no fear, you can put mango, peaches, or even apple! Its all good and most important, fast!