- 1 cup millet or your favorite whole grain (you can find this as sam’s club and carrefour)
- 1 cup almond or nondairy milk of your choice
- 12-ounce of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 bean or teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango or peaches
- Combine millet with nondairy milk, coconut milk, agave, and vanilla bean in a medium pot. (Note: Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Use the pod as well while cooking, but discard before serving.)
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes (or until the millet has absorbed most of the liquid), making sure to stir occasionally to avoid quick reduction or burning.
- Add the frozen mango or peaches. Stir.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and discard vanilla bean pod.