My husband calls me this morning and tells me: honey, we are having guests tonight for dinner. “No problem”, I answered. That was before I found out that our usual dinner of 5 turned into 16 people! I had just landed from Thailand and my fridge back home was empty. I panicked. What was I going to do?
Then I remembered that a box of veggies was to be delivered to my front door this morning from my Biofarm. In that box I would have tuscan kale and potatoes. So looking through my pantry I came up with an amazing recipe. Something that would be filling, have all the natural vitamins and nutrients from a gourmet meal and easy to prepare. I would make a Tuscan Kale White bean Soup!
This White Bean Tuscan soup is so so easy…. and had so much success that I HIGHLY recommend it for your dinner, no matter whether you have guests or not…. its easy, fast and you can add a baguette and some cheese and you are set for a very yummy meal!
- 3 or 4 tbsp of EVOO
- 1 onion chopped (not too fine it doesn't matter)
- 1 stem of leek sliced
- 3 white potatoes (cut in cubes)
- 3 cans of white beans (drained)
- 1 liter or more of vegetable stock
- 1 bunch of Tuscan Kale (sliced in not too thin slithers)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy soup pot add the oil, onion, and leek and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes, the beans the vegetable stock and the salt and pepper to taste… let simmer for about 30 minutes!
- When the potatoes are soft puree with a hand blender, then add the kale and let simmer until it becomes a nice velute (puree)