Shanghai strawberry season is here!!!! And although it’s winter and maybe a salad might not seem exactly what you are looking for… trust me… this is exactly what we need at all times.
It is sweet tart and crunchy all at the same time.
Now i know that many of us here in China are scared of the strawberries, the pesticides, are they safe???
I personally order mine from Biofarm, they are organic and clean and when we have time I love to take the kids on the weekends and pick our own strawberries!
We then eat most of them, and save some for home made strawberry jam…!
Now R, my husband loves, LOVES spinach salad, so this is a whole family pleaser! I don't have a problem to make the kids eat their veggies, i started when they were very little… but with this salad, I literally cannot keep it on the table long enough!
- Ingredients for the salad:
- about 20 strawberries (sliced)
- 500 grams of spinach (stemmed and washed well)
- 80 grams of slithered almonds (if you roast them slightly they taste even better
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- avocado in cubes also another great addition
- 4 tbsp of EVOO
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 1tbsp of thick balsamic vinegar (if you have a very good thick balsamic vinegar… treat yourself and put some on a strawberry!!!! try it… you will never go back)
- salt and pepper to taste
- First place the spinach on the bottom of the bowl then the strawberries and the rest of the ingredients…
- For the dressing, mix it in a jar or a bowl and then serve over the salad… always check to see if its just right (with a piece of spinach) before putting it inside the salad